We procure and market fresh Amla from our leased farms in and around Pollachi, Tamilnadu. Amla or Gooseberry is a vibrant green colour fruit recognized by its succulent, sour and bitter taste. It is often consumed raw or used as an ingredient in various pickles, juices and sweets.
Amla is a low calorie fruit. It provides only 60 calories for 100 grams of its intake. Amla contains mostly water which constitutes 80% of it. It is a rich source of carbohydrates and dietary fibre. It is one of the major providers of Vitamin-C and contains minerals like calcium, phosphorous and iron. Amla is also a rich source of antioxidants.
Health Benefits of Amla:
Amla helps in maintaining proper health of hair. It makes them thick and soft. Amla is a source of Vitamin-C whose deficiency can lead to hair loss and hair breakage. Antioxidants prevent hair from premature aging and graying. Amla oil contains essential fatty acids that help in promoting hair growth. Head massage using amla oil increases blood circulation in the scalp thereby improving hair growth. It even helps in strengthening hair follicles and acts as a conditioner. Dandruff and dry itchy scalp can be avoided by applying it.
Other Health Benefits Of Amla
- Amla is a source of Vitamin-C which makes it a mighty medicine against cough and cold. Its intake can provide immunity to the body and helps in reducing flu and throat infection.
- Amla can be helpful in preventing mouth ulcers. Rinsing with amla juice can reduce the occurrence of it.
- Amla is a stress reliever and can help in inducing sound sleep.
- Amla helps in improving memory and improves cognitive functions. It also aids in improving central nervous system of the body.
- It aids in proper functioning of liver and urinary system.
- Amla juice can be consumed to strengthen teeth and prevent bad odour.
- It is a natural detoxifier and can aid in cleansing the liver and kidney.
- It can be consumed by people having thyroid problems.
- Amla juice can be consumed by men to prevent impotency and erectile dysfunction.
|Color||Light Green / Yellow|